EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION FOR NEW POSTS

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A visit from my Mom!

Greetings...

Thought I'd update the blog while I had a minute or two....my Mom just left and I'm a bit sad....we had SO much fun together this weekend!  I wanted to document the entire visit but I, as usual, got sidetracked and only took a few photos...but for whoever is interested...here's what we did....coffee, I got a haircut (whoa is it short...), Harley went to the dog park, we visited a couple of local quilt shops (Mom and I are both fabric junkies so we had to check out the Montana Shop Hop).  We didn't do too much damage...and thanks to the snow (we weren't thankful at the time) we were stuck indoors yesterday afternoon so we made an apron and an oven mit which turned out super cute!  Ryan was more than happy to go out for a drink with the guys last night as the house had thread, needles and fabric flying all over the place...

Changing directions now...I've been working out Crossfit Bozeman and have been experimenting with making changes to my diet, Ryan is also eating this way...by default....so a couple of yummy things we ate this weekend were:  eggs in various forms, Pecan Crusted Chicken with roasted carrots and sauteed mushrooms & onions, Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps (I used chicken b/c that's what I had) and a treat last night of Laura's Amazing Cookies.  Everything was DELICIOUS!!!  Props the cooks who created these recipes...they're great and they're inspiring me to enjoy food, my kitchen and now my fabulous martini apron!  Thanks!

Thoughful or pained expression?  I'm not sure...

What a cute Mimsy with her latte.

Apron, oven mit, snow...we made the best of the weather...
More later...time for lunch...and then we're attempting a bike ride if the roads are cleared of snow....

No comments: