EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION FOR NEW POSTS

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

5th Annual Ryan Rigard Golf Outing

Hello again!

Well I'm on call for work right now....putting me on a short leash from the house but providing me with ample time to do all the updates on this blog that I need to....what luck for all of us!

Last post, I alluded to the 4th of July and the Ryan Rigard Golf Outing...since we're still waiting on the few pictures from my Mom...this post will focus on the golf outing...


How It All Began...

Ryan was injured September 15, 2006....shortly after his accident Laurie McDonald, Tim Holland, Jay Barber, Kathy Egan and others from Rich's (Ryans Dad) office approached Rich with the idea of of having a golf tournament to assist our situation financially.  The first year all the funds raised went to help with Ryans medical expenses.  Since that second year, all the funds raised have gone to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation to aide in spinal cord research.

Each year more and more golfers have come out and more and more donations have been generously given.  Last year the tournament raised $10,416.00...the most it ever has.  Putting on a show this big is a ton of work so if you like to volunteer...we'll take all the help we can get...check out the flyer below for other ways to get involved.

Ryan and I have yet to make it back to Pennsylvania to join in the festivities though we have Skyped a couple of times...it is evident how much fun you guys are having...keep it up!

We are always so touched to see all of the participants who have dedicated their day to supporting this cause...we thank you all so much for your generosity and kindness these last 5 years...each one of you helps us to continue putting one foot and one hand in front of the other...you help fill our bucket of strength and determination that we carry with us everywhere we go...from the depths of our hearts and the depths of our souls we thank you.

I'm including the golf flyer that is put together every year which includes the annual update that Ryan always writes...if you feel so inclined...grab a club, grab a cart and join in the fun...I am certain you will not be disappointed!







1 comment:

RM Griffith said...

I'm not a golfer (okay, friend Patty has tried to teach me a few times...it just isn't pretty), so I won't be there swinging a club at the Outing. But my heart is with the families and friends who continue to put this together every year for a cause that is important to all of us.

Best niece ever best nephew-in-law ever...you two Rock.
love, Aunt Romo