EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION FOR NEW POSTS

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Spring!

Greetings friends and loved ones!!! 

Well, my delayed update was even more delayed...I really have no good excuse to give you either....we've been busy but I'm not sure doing what....nothing out of the ordinary....today is finally a lazy day....both on our computers, drinking coffee, picking on Harles....we may head for a bike ride in a bit but it's kinda cold....we shall see...in the meantime, I will do my best to update you on the past few months....

August marked our 5th wedding anniversary...I can't believe we've been married for over 5 years already...I'm so thankful that I continue to feel like a newly wed so much of the time....I lucked out with Mr. Rigard

In September Ryan competed in two Marathon handcycling events....the first one was in Pocatello, ID and was really fun for him....a fast course with lots of downhill...the second one was in Billings, MT...not as much downhill but he still had a good time...he finished both of them in under an hour and a half....he says he had more fun during the Billings race as "I wasn't freezing my **s off" the whole ride....so eloquent isn't he? 
He's cold, not sad....I promise :)


Love this one of Dick cheering Ryan on :)
October we spent getting in a few more rides before the snow came and before we knew it, November was already upon us...we spent Thanksgiving in SLC with Garrett & Sarah which, of course, was a blast....we miss those guys more than we'd like to admit :)  Love you both if you're reading this! 

December Ryan had a work trip to Seattle and for Christmas we headed to St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands....what a great trip that was!  Dick, Karen, my Mom and Dad, Garrett, Sarah and Ryan and I  went...it was so relaxing and such a great trip....I was sad when it came to an end...we explored, snorkeled (Ryan too), ate, drank, relaxed in the sun and in the shade and enjoyed everything about the amazing villa we rented...it was great! 




January was spent getting back into the swing of "normal" after the holidays...I'm sure you can all relate to this....Ryan started skiing in January as well...he had a great season this year...I think he continues to surprise himself w/each new season on the mountain....our friend Pete moved back to town with his family this past summer so it was great to have him enjoy the ski season with Ry....

February was a landmark month as I crossed over to the dark side by turning 30! Just kidding....I can't imagine going back to my early 20's so I have great expectations for what the thirties will bring! Ryan assures me they are just fine :) Garrett, Sarah and Dick all joined us in Bozeman for a visit this month....as usual it was a fun time and VERY entertaining....time to meet up with everyone again! I had my first Crossfit Competition in Missoula the beginning of February....it was so nerve wracking but it was SO much fun...I have a great team and we had a lot of fun together...can't wait for the next one!




March brought with it the Run to the Pub which I talked my brother into doing as well as a bunch of friends....that a great time as well...easy to run a 10k when you know there's beer at the end :)  Ryan continued to shred the gnar in Big Sky and Bridger Bowl....I had the Crossfit Open Competition for 5 weeks starting in February and ending in March...I'm really happy with how I did and it gave me great information and a solid baseline to compare myself to next year...I have lots of work to do in the meantime! 


What a handsome brother!

Now we are already into the middle of April...ski season came to a close but never fear, Mr. Rigard has already switched gears and is readying himself for bike season.  We made it out for one ride already, hopefully another one this afternoon and he's signed up for a couple of races this summer...the first one is the middle of May...keep you posted on that...I promise!

Over and out for now as Ryan says yes, we are going for a ride...despite the ominous clouds in the sky...have a great week and I promise to be better at posting!

Jenn

3 comments:

nurse blossom said...

Love the pipes jenn!

Jackie said...

I love that we get to experience your adventures with you most of the time and not just read about them!

Love, Mom (and Dad)

RM Griffith said...

I'm so jealous that Seester is there to experience some of these fun times with you in person, but I'm SO happy that you keep me up to date and keep the blogs coming.
Love the pics.