EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION FOR NEW POSTS

Friday, May 20, 2011

Are we on to something?

Good morning!

Short post this morning, but I wanted to share this link with you all....let me preface this with saying....Ryan and I have had many, many conversations over the last 5 years about our situation and whether or not walking again is in the future or not....although walking again would be a remarkable and miraculous climax to this journey....we have always tried to be realistic and come to terms with how things are for us, right now.  Settling into a "new normal" doesn't have to be permanent, but I think there has to be a good solid check in with reality so one can get through their day and not be disappointed that things didn't change when you crawl into bed at night.  This concept is not unique to our situation and if you've ever had to deal with an obstacle in your life that was less than ideal, you know, at least to an extent, what I'm talking about. 

So....although we've come to terms (on most days) with how things are (for right now)...that doesn't mean we don't still have hope that things could change...if not for Ryan and "us" but for the other and future paraplegic/quadriplegics out there. 

This breakthrough in research is amazing...hats off and thank you to all of those people out there who are working for advances, breakthroughs, changes and making financial contributions to make things like this possible.  None of us know what's in store...we must live each day as best we can...with optimism, a smile and a rooted belief that anything is possible.  Just like I never imagined Ryan and I would be in this situation....I cannot imagine what the future may hold for us.  Our proverbial glass is well over halfway full.  Thanks for helping us get there.

SCI Breakthrough at Christopher and Dana Reeve
Another article

2 comments:

karen said...

Jenny, this is very exciting news! You and Ryan are very reality based but you can always hope to fill that proverbial glass a little higher.

RM Griffith said...

Knowing how well you're both doing, how active, how much fun, what good friends you have...it's great. And hovering behind that is the prayer that breakthroughs will happen and that Ryan will walk again. As your family, there's never any avoiding that want. I thank you both for keeping my attitude right. When I am frustrated by something in life, I think to myself: get a grip, Jenny & Ryan could handle _____________. (fill in my blank!) love you both,
Aunt Rosemary