EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION FOR NEW POSTS

Monday, May 09, 2011

Harley says hello...

Good morning everyone!

It's been a long/busy week since I've written to you...not much interesting news to update you all on...just busy, regular old life stuff...but there are definitely times in my life that I can honestly say I appreciate the routine, mundane activities that make up my day.  You can count on days like this...sometimes "uneventful" is just perfect.  Does anyone agree?  Last week was full of work for Ryan, dinner at night, exercising me, exercising the dog, going to the store, cleaning the house, working the weekend at the hospital....gag if you want after this next comment, but it has to be made...no matter how ordinary my day may be...I ALWAYS look forward to Mr. Rigard coming home at night, sitting at the table, talking about our day, making plans and just being together....I hope each of you has something like that to look forward to in your day. 

We did have our friends John and Ann over for dinner last Wednesday night...I tried out a few new "Paleo" recipes on them...overall it was good...the recipes were very yummy...next time I would perfect the appearance of the meal....hence the reason I'm not sharing any pictures with you today!  Ha ha.  We dined on:  Salisbury Steak, Garlic & Herb Mashed Cauliflower, Bacon & Dill Sweet Potato Salad and Thumbprint Cookies (with medjool date filling) for dessert.  Definitely recipes worth checking out!

Just got back from the gym...it was a grueling workout today...worth it in all ways...but grueling all the same...now that my head is cleared from the weekend at work, I feel able to reflect...I guess I'm feeling "very deep" and "philosophical" today...don't we usually only get this way after one too many beers?  Not that, that's every happened to me or you before...right?  Anyway....I recently took care of a patient who is very, very sick and it struck me how she had only 1 visitor in all the time I cared for her...it made me want to spend more time in her room, doing the little things...even if we weren't having thoughtful conversation, at least I felt I could offer her my physical presence if nothing else...it made me sad and it made me want you all to know that Ryan and I will NEVER stop appreciating all of you and your presence in our lives...in good times and especially during the bad ones...when there aren't the right words to speak, thank you all for just BEING THERE. 

To end on a light note....as I promised....Harley says hello...

My canine philosophical genius...he's the one pondering something deep...

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh HI Harley! You are so darned cute! I'm sure you are ready to go to the "DOG PARK" with your Mom after all this nasty weather!

Jenny, I'm glad that you were able to be there for the lady you took care of. Some part of her knew that you were there I am sure.

Yes, I am one of those who enjoys being home, my cozy home, with my hubbie and my dogs. There is nothing quite like it!

karen said...

Jenn, what a philosophical post this week! I liked it and I do agree that the mundane, regular days are sometimes the very best. Thanks for keeping this blog going!

Hi to Harley!

Unknown said...

Sarah and I can't wait to see you guys Memorial Day weekend!!

Unknown said...

Jenn, a thought about followers and subscribing to the blog. I'm a follower but sometimes forget to check for updates. Have you looked into adding an email subscription option? This will email updates whenever you post something new. I found a guide at the site below. Sorry if this is already an option and I failed to find it.

http://www.care4tech.com/dev-design/blogger/blogger%E2%80%99s-new-gadget-updates-follow-by-e-mail/191/